Privacy of personal data
By virtue of each member linking relevant data into Needl which was coming to them and not automatically accessible to others, the knowledge feed created allowed members to share data while retaining control on what was shared.
To address privacy concerns that members might have had regarding linking their emails and chats to a common pool, each member was given the option to share a specific chat or sync the entire chat group and use rule-based email forwarding or full sync option.This approach allowed users to keep their personal data separate.
Distinctive features of Needl that maximizes efficiency of data storage, search
1. Relevant Search Results in a Single Query: Needl goes beyond what Google offers as a search engine. It is an ad free platform and provides a unified search with user inputs and preferences built in. The relevancy ranking feature of the search provides contextual outcomes for the user.
Needl provides the capability of looking for the same data on multiple apps, platforms, and websites at the same time, while allowing for content search within all document types, audio, video, and image files in one’s personal data.
2. Machine Learning Based Tagging of Data vs Creating Directory Structures: Needl leverages both human annotation and machine learning via the following:
- Classifies and labels documents and media using OCR etc.
- Transforms large and complex data sets into more usable formats by clipping and summarization.
- Tags, clusters and groups data into knowledge-based feeds, alerts, and notifications.
- Provides sentiment analysis of documents and reports instantly.
- Sorting, filtering, auto-tagging, annotation, and bookmarks feature along with the single search in Needl makes data retrieval
quick and easy.
3. Standardized processing
Needl offers the flexibility to clip and convert paragraphs to word documents or notes, clip tables inside documents and images to excel files without ever having to leave the platform or having to copy and paste data across platforms and applications.
4. Sharing and Collaboration
Needl allows users to create their own data exchange and easily discover and access data from across multiple platforms frequently used by knowledge workers. Needl also eliminates data silos and allows instant and secure sharing of governed data across the organization and beyond, by creating a user-specific data exchange. Share controls are built in and can be exercised for read, print,
and download of data. The product is designed with the best of breed data security and privacy features (Refer to the Privacy section above for more details).
- Improved productivity of the investment team, by removing their high dependence on large amounts of unstructured,
personalized data, and instead converting it into structured and searchable content; removed silos between data and processing
and resolved interoperability issues.
- Gave users a large selection of data integration whereby users can combine data from multiple sources based on their consent
and contextual need.
- Exponentially reduced time taken in search and retrieval of relevant data with the single integrated ML search.
- Made data accessible anywhere and available always since data in Needl is auto-refreshed and backed-up in cloud.
- Enabled large value creation by providing standardized processing capabilities which most users would require often, at an exceptionally low cost.
- Gave the team a choice of determining what, when and how they consume and control their attention and focus via prioritization based on trusted sources and individual use context.
- Enabled seamless sharing and collaboration, eliminating friction and productivity loss, which was the norm prior to Needl.
By using Needl, the firm was able to build an institutional knowledge base, removing dependencies on people. This meant that regardless of people moving in and out of the firm, the knowledge remained within the organization. Standardized processing features of Needl facilitated an industry-best collaboration experience to enhance core value proposition to users in a safe, secure, and
The financial services company and its investment team now has 3.5 TB of structured and unstructured data on the Needl platform, and Needl is proving to be a versatile data platform that enables analyst teams to access the best possible content of their choice. Small teams within the company can now focus on the important data filtered out instead of getting bogged down by a data tsunami. By capturing and amplifying relevant signals, Needl helps the analysts cover vast ground while reducing noise from unwanted data.